Cobb County Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Workers all across various types of injuries can suffer a back injury while performing regular work duties. Some back injuries may manifest as irritating pain and others can be outright and immediately crippling. If you have suffered any sort of back injury while on-the-job and now face opposition when filing for workers’ compensation, it is time to talk to Herbert Chestnut & Associates. Our Cobb County workers’ compensation lawyers are completely focused on workers’ compensation cases, having devoted the majority of their careers and lives to upholding the rights of injured workers in Georgia.
What really sets our team apart?
- 37+ years of combined legal experience
- Three Workers’ Comp Attorney of the Year awards (Attorney Chestnut)
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® (Attorney Chestnut)
Delaying in any way will likely make matters worse. Please do not hesitate to take action when we are here to make taking action so simple for you. Call us at 770.285.5542 today for more information about our legal services.
Types of Back Injuries
If any employee is expected to move around frequently or do any sort of heavy lifting, they could potentially suffer a serious back injury while at work. The risk is magnified if proper training and safety equipment are not provided the employee. As back injuries are also quite common in car accidents, any worker who is required to spend their shifts behind the wheel is also put in jeopardy.
Workers who may suffer a back injury include:
When a back injury does occur, it can be difficult to understand its full extent immediately. It is important to always get a physical examination as soon as possible to diagnose the damage your back injury has caused.
Back injuries can originate from damage to:
- Muscles: The back is comprised of some of the largest muscles in the human body. Tearing, twisting, or stretching just one muscle in your back can cause excruciating pain throughout and make normal movement difficult, if not impossible. Rest and physical therapy may be necessary to correct a muscle injury in your back.
- Bone: If your spine becomes damaged or misaligned, you can experience a number of immediate and painful symptoms. Dramatic misalignment can cause a herniated disc, which happens when a disc pops out from between your vertebrae. Corrective surgery or lengthy rehabilitation may be necessary.
- Nerves: Spinal cord injuries are extremely serious and must be addressed at once. An untreated or severe spinal cord injury can result in permanent paralysis of one or all limbs. Side effects of slight spinal damage also includes insomnia, loss of bowel control, numbness, and headaches.
We Provide One-on-One Attention
Our Cobb County workers’ compensation lawyers make time to meet with each of our clients personally, providing one-on-one attention in a world where most law firms will pass your case to just paralegals and assistants. We believe this comfortable yet direct approach to handling your case allows us to better represent you, which, in turn, enhances our chances of maximizing your compensation or benefits gained through a settlement or verdict. Contact us online today and we can discuss your case in more detail.
I don't know what I'd do without you!- Alan D.
Mr. Chestnut is the most honest attorney I’ve ever encountered.- John G.
Herbert Chestnut is an attorney who will keep you informed- Blake J.
You were always there when I needed you.- Helen V.
He truly understands the law and can bring the best results.- Avvo User