The Defense Base Act
Serving Federal Employees Injured Overseas
Are you a U.S. government employee who has been injured while working for the government overseas? Under the Defense Base Act (DBA), you may be eligible to recover benefits if you sustained a work-related injury. This act was created to provide injury coverage to all workers who are involved in military and non-military projects overseas contracted by the U.S. government. All agencies with U.S. government contracts are required to carry DBA insurance in the event of a workplace injury.
To learn whether or not your overseas injuries are covered by the Defense Base Act, just call Herbert Chestnut & Associates today for a free consultation. We can review your eligibility and help you file a claim.
The Defense Base Act can cover the following employees:
- Employees who work on military bases of reservations outside of the U.S.
- Employees working on U.S. government-funded public works projects internationally
- Employees engaging in military or public works projects with a foreign government (the project must be considered essential for U.S. National Security)
- Employees who provide services overseas that are funded by the U.S. government (military or non-military)
- Employees or sub-contractors of agencies contracted with the U.S. government
Cobb County Workers' Compensation Lawyer, 37+ Years of Advocacy
Like most injury claims, it is a good idea to consult with a knowledgeable Cobb County Overseas Workers' Compensation lawyer if you need help filing a workers' compensation claim. Navigating the rules and paperwork of injury claims can be overwhelming and confusing for many clients. We can provide step-by-step guidance and one-on-one representation throughout the entire process.
Our team is one of the few attorneys in the nation who can handle claims for federal employees, maritime claims, and longshore and harbor claims. We are the 3x winner of the Workers' Comp Attorney of the Year award, a testament to our high-quality services and commitment to legal excellence.
I don't know what I'd do without you!- Alan D.
Mr. Chestnut is the most honest attorney I’ve ever encountered.- John G.
Herbert Chestnut is an attorney who will keep you informed- Blake J.
You were always there when I needed you.- Helen V.
He truly understands the law and can bring the best results.- Avvo User